From time to time we will send promotional offers to our customers who have opted into our marketing emails. We hate spam every bit as you and promise to keep these marketing emails infrequent and of high value. If you are interested in receiving marketing emails, please check off the appropriate box when you request a quote. By entering our online contests, you are opting into our marketing emails. You can always unsubscribe in the footer of any of our marketing emails, should you choose.
We collect only the personal information that we need for purposes of providing our services to our clients. This usually includes your name, contact information, such as email and phone number, and the details of the work you require (vehicle information and in some cases address). We normally collect all the information ourselves directly from you our customer. We may collect your information from other persons with your consent or as authorized by law.
We will always be happy to explain to you before or at the time of collection why we need your personal information to fulfil your request. The only time we do not notify you why we are collecting the data is when you volunteer the information yourself for obvious reasons (for example when you send us a request for quotation with all your information included)
Volunteering your personal information in the form of a request for quote implies your consent (as mandated by CASL) for us to use your information to fulfil your request, this may include giving a portion of your personal information (vehicle information only generally) to an outside vendor.
This is exactly what you will receive from us when you request a quote.
- You will receive your quote!
- If you do not book, you will receive a friendly follow-up message from one of our staff making sure you got everything you needed. If you do not schedule an appointment, this is the last transactional email you will receive from us until you request something else or contact us again.
- If you ask us a question, we will, of course, answer it to the best of our ability.
- If you do book your work with us, you will receive a booking confirmation email with all of the pertinent information about your booking.
- The day before your appointment you will receive a friendly reminder email. (because we all forget and it’s nice to be reminded)
- The day after your work is completed you will receive a survey to help us improve our service and make sure everything went perfectly for your appointment. This is the last email related to your service you will receive from us – unless you are the lucky winner of our quarterly draw for a free iPad Mini in return for your feedback
That’s it, that’s all – All future communication from GlassMasters will be at your request only! You may unsubscribe from all transactional communication at any time during our quote process by just clicking on the unsubscribe button if you change your mind about working with us.
Storage of Personal Data
We retain your information for warranty purposes we certainly hope you will never have a problem, however, we do need your information on file if something does go wrong down the road. The government also requires us to keep a record of all transactions for seven years for tax purposes. We will protect your information to the best of our ability and never sell or pass your information to anyone else unless directed by an officer of the law or courts. Your information is safe with us. Guaranteed.
In addition, if you complete a follow-up survey, your information will be captured by our survey software company. Your responses are never shared with any tools or outside vendors apart from AWS (Amazon Web Services). This is the cloud platform we use to store data and is an industry-standard.